Schwinn brand was established in 1895 in Chicago and is providing great quality riding bikes for everyone. You can find a lot of different bike types starting from the basic bike to mountain, urban, electric or cruiser bikes for men, women, and kids. The price range is also different for the Schwinn e-bikes and it varies from $1000 to $2000 or even more. In this review, we are going to discuss some basic features and get to know the Schwinn EC1 electric bike.
Schwinn EC1 specifications:
- Motor: 250W hub-drive pedal-assist motor
- Battery: Lithium-Ion
- Bike type: cruiser style
- Battery charging time: approx. 6 hours from empty to full
- Bike weight: 51.3 lbs (23.26 kg)
- Twist throttle: Yes
- Top speed: 20 mph (32 kph)
- Top range without pedalling: 60 miles (97 km)
- Frame: step-thru aluminium alloy frame
- Tires: Innova tires
- Wheel size: 26″
- Controller: thumb pad
- Display: LCD
- One of the best features that this bike has is the battery. You can comfortably charge it without removing it from the frame (if you are keeping the bike in the garage that has a socket.) Besides, you can remove the battery from the side. In this way, the tube is a bit lower which improves the stability of the bike.
- The Shimano Altus component group seven speeds is enough for reaching up to 20 mph with this electric bike. Besides, this e-bike has a chain guide that protects your pants from getting ripped off with the chain.
- Most of the time, hydraulic disc brakes are decided to be the better ones. However, Schwinn EC1 electric bike comes with the mechanical disc brakes that stay cleaner and most importantly – allows you to stop the bike faster.
- You can see that the kickstand is placed near the bottom bracket. If you would walk the bike backward, the left crank arm can clank into the kickstand.
- When talking about the brakes, the Schwinn EC1 electric bike has the smallest 160mm brake motors. This means that you are not getting that much power. Also, without motor inhibitors, you can find it hard to stop according to the situation.
The Schwinn EC1 electric bike is a unisex bike that has a powerful 250W mid-drive motor that comes with a thumb-pad controller as well. You can easily control your bike with the controller and see the battery life or assistance level. Also, the EC1 electric bike has 5 pedal-assist levels that you can choose from. The Schwinn EC1 electric bike has a top speed of 20 MPH and the battery can last up to 45 minutes (depending on the surface and the riding style.) You can fully charge the battery in 6 hours.
The Schwinn EC1 pedal assist electric bike comes with a step-thru aluminium alloy frame that allows you to get a relaxed comfortable position. The EC1 is a vintage-styled electric bike with modern features that allows you to enjoy both city and off-road rides. The bike comes with one frame size and a 2-year warranty on the battery and electric parts. The colours are blue, yellow and black. There might be other great mountain-type electric bikes, however, they can be expensive. The Schwinn EC1 is versatile and cheaper version of a great city and off-road bike.