The Schwinn has been a part of a conglomerate called the Pacific Cycle group. Besides, it has been expanding to creating electric bikes, for example, the Schwinn Monroe 350 electric bike. This electric bike is more powerful and a little bit more expensive than the Schwinn Monroe 250. Check out the review!
Schwinn Monroe 350 specifications:
- Motor: 8Fun 350 watts internally geared hub motor
- Battery: Lithium-Ion
- Bike type: sport style
- Battery charging time: approx. 6 hours from empty to full
- Bike weight: 51.3 lbs (23.26 kg)
- Twist throttle: Yes
- Top speed: 20 mph (32 kph)
- Top range without pedalling: 55 miles (89 km)
- Frame: high-step aluminium alloy frame
- Tires: Chao Yang
- Wheel size: 28″
- Controller: thumb pad
- Display: LCD
- The Schwinn Monroe 350 electric bike weighs only 45 pounds which allows you easily bring it upstairs if you need to. Besides, you can also remove the battery and you will get even more 5.6 fewer pounds for easier lifting.
- The Monroe 350 electric bike has a single-speed drivetrain. This means that you can get fewer chain drops which can be frustrating, also you can have a cleaner cockpit and less prone to damage. The bike also rides quieter with a single-speed drivetrain.
- When it comes to the display, it is simple to reach and appears to be sturdy. However, it can’t show you the speed, the battery life or other “fancy” stuff that the EC1 or Sycamore can, for example. Besides, the display doesn’t offer a USB charging port.
- The e-bike comes with mechanical disc brakes which means that you will need more hand strength to pull smaller 160mm rotors and stop the bike. However, there are motor inhibitors, so for an easier stopping, you can turn off the motor.
Compared to the other electric bikes, like the Schwinn Sycamore or the EC1 model, the Monroe is much lighter and less expensive. Besides, this e-bike comes even in three different frame sizes and has a colour-matched fork, seat, and rims. The Monroe 350 electric bike is more for the city riding because it features a single-speed drivetrain. On the other hand, if you are looking for a cheaper and less powerful electric bike, you can go for the Schwinn Monroe 250.
The Schwinn Monroe 350 electric bike comes with a powerful 350W hub-drive motor. Like in most of the Schwinn electric bikes, the Monroe 350 comes with 5 different pedal-assist levels. The battery life can keep you riding up to 45 miles and can be fully recharged from zero to full in approx. 6 hours.